‘The most New Balance shoe ever’ says it all, right? No, actually. The 574 might be our unlikeliest icon. The 574 was built to be a reliable shoe that could do a lot of different things well rather than as a platform for revolutionary technology, or as a premium materials showcase. This unassuming, unpretentious versatility is exactly what launched the 574 into the ranks of all-time greats. As hybrid road/trail design built on a wider last than the previous generation’s narrow racing silhouettes, the 574 offered a uniquely versatile mix of new, different, uncomplicated, rugged, durable, and comfortable that was adopted as a closet staple across the globe. That’s why today, the 574 is synonymous with the boundary defying New Balance style, and worn by anyone.
Meets New Balance’s green leaf standard: upper is made of 50% or more recycled content, and/or leather that supports more responsible manufacturing through the Leather Working Group, and at least one midsole/outsole material contains a minimum of 3% bio-based or 5% recycled content.
- Midsole foam uses approximately 3% bio-based content made from renewable sources to help reduce our carbon footprint
- ENCAP midsole cushioning combines soft foam with a durable polyurethane rim to deliver all-day support
- Vamp, collar and tongue mesh are 100% recycled polyester
- Rubber outsole with 5% recycled rubber
- Available in extended width sizes